Vibration Analysis | Case Studies & Technical Papers
Welcome to the Azima DLI collection of vibration analysis resources including technical papers, case studies and customer success stories.
These Azima DLI resources and technical papers discuss predictive maintenance technologies, applications and successful implementations. These documents can help you better understand the features and benefits of predictive maintenance.
Just open each section of interest by clicking the plus sign.
The following case studies outline some customer success stories when implementing Azima DLI solutions with products, services and technologies.
- From Chaos to Calm – Conoco Phillips
- Paper Mill Avoids $5M in Lost Production – Kimberly Clark
- Infrared Thermography Prevents Devastating Damage – Total Petrochemicals
- Managing Critical Roll Bearing Deterioration – Orchids Paper
- Online Monitoring Averts Major Gearbox Failure – Nucor Steel
- Keeping the Mail Moving – U.S. Post Office
- Applying PDM at Chrysler
- Root Cause Determination of Excess Hull Vibration On a First-In-Class Tugboat Design
- Benefits of an Automated System-US Navy
- Maintaining Mine Safety with Vibration Analysis
- Methodology for Diagnosing Rolling Contact Bearing Wear
- Impact Demodulation with ExpertALERT
- When Taking Data Once a Month Is Not Sufficient
- ASHRE Journal – Vibration Tests for Bearing Wear
- Bearing Wear Example #1 – Inner Race Fault
- Remote Condition Monitoring Technology–Benefits and Challenges
- What to Look for in a Vibration Consultant
- What Is The “Crest Factor” And Why Is It Used?
- Diagnosing a Low-Speed Gearbox Problem
- Why You Need an Automated Advisory System for Your Condition Assessment Program
- Justifying Predictive Maintenance
- Motor Current Signature Analysis
- PUMPS & SYSTEMS Magazine – Diagnostics: Evolution in the Revolution
- The Technology of ExpertALERT Diagnostics
- Triaxial vs. Single Axis Sensors – Are they equivalent?
- Triaxial Vibration Spectral Data – An Important Ingredient for Proper Diagnosis
Vibration Analysis Technology
The following technical documents focus on lessons in vibration analysis and its application.
- What is Linearity?
- What is Mobility?
- Vibration Cepstrum Analysis
- Accelerometer Overload
- ExpertALERT Setup Guide
- Phase Measurements: Theory & Application
- Selecting Vibration Test Locations
- Linear, Log and VdB Vibration Velocity Units
- Identifying the Motor Rotor Bar Related Peaks in a Spectrum
- The Importance of Standard Test Conditions – Test Speed
- The Importance of Standard Test Conditions – Test Loads