Azima DLI shares insights from a number of different perspectives in these related articles.
Vibration Analysis and PdM Related Articles
Thoughts to consider when evaluating PdM
The collection below contains published articles and papers by Azima DLI. Each contains relevant content and information that may benefit your PdM program planning and implementation. Whether you are planning a walk-around system or have assets that demand more frequent online monitoring, this collection can help guide your discovery.
This FREE e-book offers guidance when considering a predictive maintenance program. Click here to access>>
Companies in fiercely competitive markets have to maintain parity when it comes to proven innovations. This explains the pervasiveness of ingrained predictive maintenance cultures in the industrial gases sector. PdM is a staple because reliability is expected. Other markets have similar ingrained cultures but not with the same consistence. This culture did not happen all at once among the industrial gases companies, but rather a consequence of first adopters outperforming their competitors by distinguishing themselves on the basis of reliability. This sequence of events may be playing out similarly in other sectors as the Industrial Internet of Things reaches into the predictive market. Read the full UPTIME Magazine article, by clicking the link below.
Big Data and the Internet of Things allows for more information to be gathered and distributed to help manage and control plants and operations. But being able to understand, decipher, and take action on this highly connected, new frontier of technical information could be a daunting task. This article is a great read on how businesses are managing and making sense of big data.
Proponents of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) often say predictive maintenance is ripe for digital transformation because today’s point solution can’t scale. They often leap to the potential of machine learning and visions of closed-loop, self-diagnosing machines. What does the path for digital transformation of PdM look like and where is the line between hype and reality? Burt Hurlock, CEO of Azima DLI, presents in this Solutions 2.0 web conference what IIoT has to offer over today’s solutions, the obstacles of IIoT adoption, and trust, control, and the role of domain experts.
“The argument against permanently installed online condition monitoring solutions has been universally financial. The argument is that a technician with a handheld data collector can cover a lot more ground, test many more machines, and go to where the trouble is far most cost efficient, while the sunk cost of a permanently installed vibration sensor may take years to justify itself, if ever, because machines selected for permanently installed online monitoring may take years to show signs of deterioration. The only way to test the argument is to run the numbers…” Read the full article by Azima DLI CEO, Burt Hurlock, in the link below.
Michael DeMaria, director of product management, shares insights on how collaboration can be the key to success in PdM programs.
Burt Hurlock, CEO of Azima DLI, contributes to the annual publication by Reliability Web and Uptime Magazine. The project shares how some of the leaders in this space look into the future with ways to take advantage and be more successful in reliability and asset management. Read more>>
Burt Hurlock, CEO of Azima DLI, talks about how you can effectively master Big Data in optimizing your predictive maintenance program (first published in the June issue of Plant Engineering.)
Ken Piety, VP|Technology and Tyler Pietri, program engineer for Azima DLI, contribute to the article on how Big Data is affecting the industry in the recent American Metals Market magazine.
Six leaders share their thoughts on program spending, technologies, and satisfaction.
Plant Services – April 2016 issue | Download Pdf version
Plant Services, December 2015 issue | Download Pdf version
Uptime Magazine, October 2015 issue
BIC Alliance, August 2015 issue
Sharing Customer Success Stories
The following are articles share how industry leaders are partnering with WATCHMAN™ Solutions from Azima DLI.
From a Management Viewpoint
The following are articles from a management viewpoint on condition monitoring in maintenance programs.
- The Elements of a Winning Formula: Beware the Ineffective PdM Program
- Redrawing the Boundaries
- Your Machines Are Talking to You. Do You Always Understand What They Are Saying?
- Is Your PdM Program as Good as it Could be?
- Finding Customers with the Desire to Improve
- The OEM Conundrum: When the Only Defense is a Good Offense
- Leading from the center: Big Data and the coming collapse of management hierarchies
- How automation and technology affect the future of workers and managers
- Five Career Building Strategies Plant Managers Should Follow
- Killing Five Birds with One Stone
- Condition Monitoring and the Internet of Things
- Predictive Maintenance for the OEM
- A Reliable Effort
- Are you Treating Machinery Failures or Curing Them?
- Safety, Efficiency Drive Need for Predictive Maintenance in O&G Industry
- Manage Contracted Maintenance Work As If It’s Your Own
- More Data, Less Work, Lower Costs and a Safer Workplace
- Save Your Plant, 6 Challenges & Solutions
- Six Ways Proactive Plant Managers Drive Success
- What You Don’t Know About Your Pipeline Will Hurt You
- Vibration Detection for a Safe, Reliable Plant Floor
- The Value of Reliability as a Service
- Maintenance is an Investment, Not a Cost
- Knowing When to Contract Services Can Mean the Difference Between Optimization and Failure
- Should Contractors Have Access to CMMS?
- Transformation to a Predictive Enterprise Improves Plant Efficiency, Reliability and Safety
About the Technologies
The following articles discuss considerations with PdM technologies.