PdM for Chemical Processing
Ensuring safety and uptime for chemical processing
Chemical processing facilities include unique machinery types that are as susceptible as other industrial machinery to failure and unplanned downtime, with the added risk of environmental impact. Effectively implemented PdM solutions can mitigate both operating and environmental risk.
Critical assets to monitor
A failure in these types of systems can result in downtime causing profit loss, or in the worst case, a fugitive emission or disaster:
- Glass lined pumps for corrosive or caustic agents
- Multiple compressors, whether turbo, reciprocating or screw-type
- Pumps for moving volatile liquids, or coolants for temperature maintenance of particular processes
- Other primary assets in chemical processing include process fans, blowers, extrusion systems, reactor agitators, steam plants and support equipment, and chillers
Azima and WATCHMAN™ Solutions have been supporting the chemical processing industry for decades. Our customers are among the top 50 key players and leaders of the industry in terms of technology, innovation, and sustainability. This gives you the advantage of having key experts to sustain the effectiveness of your maintenance program.
Best PdM technologies to apply
Vibration analysis is a key component to any predictive maintenance program. But it becomes an even stronger tool when paired with other technologies.
- Vibration Analysis—Much of the equipment in the chemical processing industry has standard rolling element bearings, couplings, and gear boxes. Vibration analysis provides the widest spectrum of deliverable and actionable results versus the cost of the technology.
- Reciprocating Engine/Compressor Analysis—Phased pressure analysis as well vibration, temperature, and performance analysis can be effective with the reciprocating compressors used extensively in the chemical processing industry.
- Motor Testing—Larger process equipment, such as reciprocating compressor drive motors, can benefit from annual motor testing to detect stator, winding, or rotor bar issues.
- Infrared Thermography—Annual scans are effective in identifying electrical faults such as loose connections, faulty circuits, and switches.
- Oil Analysis—Oil in gearboxes, bearings, fluid drives can become critical due to the environment of a chemical facility where the environment may be corrosive or acidic requiring regular examination.
Need more information, click the button to the right to schedule a demo or call Azima to find out how any of these PdM solutions can help your chemical processing facility.
Call +1 781.938.0707 or email sales@AzimaGlobal.com today!